Welcome to the Costume Lounge by Angela King Designs

Sit back and relax in The Costume Lounge - a blog by Angela King Designs and Go Wild! Wear. Since 1989, AKD has been creating top fashions in cheerleading, dance and performance wear. In the Costume Lounge, we discuss today's hottest trends and topics, who's wearing what, how to get the competitive edge in performance fashion and more. Once you are caught up on the latest news, browse our fashions at www.gowildwear.com or drop us a line at sales@gowildwear.com. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Spotlight on AKD Junior Designer Kayla - Age 7


Blog #4: Following Kayla, Age 7, Chicago: We've been keeping track of our most recent AKD Junior Designer, who is also a Chicago Junior Luvabulls Dancer, where she wears an AKD Role Models design, pictured right. 

See Kayla's Journey

In the past few months, we showed you Kayla's initial designs sent to the AKD office via sketch, as well as her fabric selection and a mini-view of her final costume.

Once you become a Junior Designer, you are part of the AKD family! We are proud of Kayla's accomplishments this year including modeling for AKD at a Chicago pro dance convention and appearing in her first pageant. 


This blog rounds out Kayla's feature as we reveal her costume creation! Kayla's costume includes tricot fabrics in light pink and white, with accents of purple metallic fabric. This metallic fabric is the same type worn by the Los Angeles Laker Girls dancers! 

"Mom, I can't believe my eyes," said Kayla. "My very own creation!! I want to hug and thank everyone at AKD for giving me a chance to really believe I can do anything I put my all in doing and helping me to start living my dream as a fashion designer."


Congratulations Kayla! We are certain this is your first of many creations, and we are proud to help you experience the joy of bringing your vision to life. 

Shop AKD Junior Wear

Contact AKD for a Junior Wear Quote

1 comment:

  1. I am your number one fan!!! I'm very proud of you. Keep your dream alive and do what you set out to do!!! Now get to work on my fashion gear "Baby girl".Mommy love you!!!

    ReplyDelete