Welcome to the Costume Lounge by Angela King Designs

Sit back and relax in The Costume Lounge - a blog by Angela King Designs and Go Wild! Wear. Since 1989, AKD has been creating top fashions in cheerleading, dance and performance wear. In the Costume Lounge, we discuss today's hottest trends and topics, who's wearing what, how to get the competitive edge in performance fashion and more. Once you are caught up on the latest news, browse our fashions at www.gowildwear.com or drop us a line at sales@gowildwear.com. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Spotlight on Model Search Top 10 Winner Alanna of the San Antonio Spurs Silver Dancers

In March 2012, Angela King Designs named the National Top 10 winners of its first Sports Model Search. Over 200 applicants submitted photos, applications and videos to be considered for prizes and glory within the cheerleading and dance industry. One member of the Top 10 was Alanna, a 2011-2012 San Antonio Spurs "Silver Dancer." Let's take a closer look at Alanna's year since becoming a model search finalist!

Since AKD is based near San Antonio, Texas, we invited Alanna to take part in our exclusive Style Pro Annual Fashion Show to reveal new products to our Go Wild! Wear sales reps. Alanna showed off her personality and beauty walking the runway in AKD, and she even appears in some of our online catalog photos!

There has been much more going on in Alanna's career, and she was gracious enough to send us an email catching us up.

"This past year has been a year for the books. I convinced myself I could be in three places at once, and believe it or not, I sometimes did it! Since competing for Angela King Designs Sports Model Search, I've finished... and began new chapters in this nutty adventure of life! For instance, I completed my first and only year on the San Antonio Spurs Silver Dancers. Making it all the way to the NBA Semifinals, we ended the year knowing we did the best we could by keeping our fans excited and cheering on our beloved Spurs. Maybe next time guys.

"I also gave up my crown as The Queen 2012 (La Reina) for Fiesta San Antonio. Fiesta took place during the beginning of playoffs so I was one busy gal. Did I mention I have a day job during all of this? I couldn't ask for a better job than working for NBC San Antonio as the Entertainment Reporter for the San Antonio Living show. 

"The show is my main focus now that I've finished my other duties. As the entertainment reporter, I get to interview some interesting people. Recently I interviewed comedian Chris Tucker, San Antonio Spur Tony Parker and country music star Carrie Underwood. My ultimate goal is to become a national TV personality. Dream big or you will never know your potential! In the meantime feel free to tune in at 10:00 a.m. on Channel 4 WOAI!"

Thanks, Alanna! Watch for the official registration of the next AKD Sports Model Search to begin in January 2013! It could be you!

No comments:

Post a Comment