Welcome to the Costume Lounge by Angela King Designs

Sit back and relax in The Costume Lounge - a blog by Angela King Designs and Go Wild! Wear. Since 1989, AKD has been creating top fashions in cheerleading, dance and performance wear. In the Costume Lounge, we discuss today's hottest trends and topics, who's wearing what, how to get the competitive edge in performance fashion and more. Once you are caught up on the latest news, browse our fashions at www.gowildwear.com or drop us a line at sales@gowildwear.com. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Alexa's Blog - My Year as the Face of AKD


Hey AKD fans – Alexa here! I am thrilled to communicate with you all through my first blog post for The Costume Lounge! 

Since being named the winner of the 2013 AKD Sports Model Search Contest, I have experienced some bittersweet and important moments in my life. 

In April, I performed at my final New Orleans Hornets game as a Honeybee, and this month I will officially be a graduate of Tulane University with a degree in marketing. What an exciting (and somewhat scary) time in my life! I included some photos here of our final game as a Honeybee. That's me kissing the Hornet - the blonde on the upper left. Love him!

I can’t wait to see what this summer has in store, from modeling the new Go Wild! Wear designs at the official photo shoot to representing AKD at Pro Action Dance in Las Vegas—and hopefully many other things in between!

My first duty as the 2013 Face of AKD is to design a rehearsal uniform for the up-and-coming Pelicans Dance Team. The NBA Hornets have undergone re-branding and are now known as the New Orleans Pelicans. Although I will not be auditioning for the Pelicans, I am looking forward to having some involvement with this new team by outfitting them in custom-designed Go Wild! Wear.

When I set out to design the practice uniform, my main goal was to find a perfect balance between comfort and style. I want the girls to feel secure while dancing but it needed to have that “Alexa” flair to it. Stay tuned for the official unveiling of my design!

Be sure to visit The Costume Lounge every month as I update you on my journey with AKD - or subscribe by entering your email above. Next month I’ll reveal which of my designs made it to the new Go Wild! Wear collection as well as some other exciting news… Stay tuned!

Dream BIG!
Alexa


No comments:

Post a Comment