Welcome to the Costume Lounge by Angela King Designs

Sit back and relax in The Costume Lounge - a blog by Angela King Designs and Go Wild! Wear. Since 1989, AKD has been creating top fashions in cheerleading, dance and performance wear. In the Costume Lounge, we discuss today's hottest trends and topics, who's wearing what, how to get the competitive edge in performance fashion and more. Once you are caught up on the latest news, browse our fashions at www.gowildwear.com or drop us a line at sales@gowildwear.com. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Spotlight on Model Search Top 10 Winner Melissa of the Atlanta Falcons Cheerleaders

In March 2012, Angela King Designs named the National Top 10 winners of its first Sports Model Search. Over 200 applicants submitted photos, applications and videos to be considered for prizes and glory within the cheerleading and dance industry.

One member of the Top 10 was Melissa, now a second year Atlanta Falcons Cheerleader and college student. Melissa was kind enough to send us an update of her past year. Photos courtesy of the Atlanta Falcons Cheerleaders.

"Hi AKD fans! Since last year’s contest, I was welcomed back to the Atlanta Falcons Cheerleaders as a Veteran. In April, we took a trip to Jamaica to shoot our swimsuit calendar. My photo was taken in Negril, one of the most peaceful and beautiful places I have ever been.

"The summer was also the time that I helped run my father’s Italian Ice dessert store. I am the Social Networking Director and assist with managing the store and leading events in the community. Most of my free time is spent working out (I love group fitness classes!) and practicing routines.

"I am still a student at Kennesaw State University and am on track to graduate in May with a B.S. in English Education. I spent this past semester teaching 7th grade English/Language Arts, which was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. I am especially passionate about teaching young people the importance of personal writing. I will be teaching literature and writing at a local high school for my final semester and participating in the KSU Philharmonic Orchestra.
"With the Falcons being NFC South Division Champions, you can imagine that I am having the time of my life at each and every game! The fans have been truly amazing and supportive, and I have never seen the Georgia Dome more packed and loud in the past few seasons. I was even able to drag my boyfriend, who is a Lieutenant in the U.S. Air Force, onto the field during the Atlanta Falcons Military Appreciation game for a sweet snapshot with the ladies ;-) I am looking forward to seeing what the rest of the season has in store for the Atlanta Falcons.
"When I have a minute of downtime in between school, working, teaching, practicing, and Falcons games, you can find me on Twitter (@AFC_MelissaZ), updating my daily thoughts and happenings. These thoughts have miraculously grown popular, for I am the only cheerleader on my squad to be recognized on this somewhat obnoxious level of social networking! I’ll talk about school, my crazy Italian family, music, my animals, charity events, being in love and, of course, football! Check out my feature by the Bleacher Report

"Keep supporting AKD, professional cheer and dance, and all that we stand for!" - Melissa Z.

See Melissa's 2012 Sports Model Search Finalist video on the Go Wild! Wear Facebook Fanpage - just "like" the page and click on videos! Do you have what it takes to represent Go Wild! Wear by Angela King Designs? Join our email list or check back to Facebook to learn how YOU can enter the 2013 AKD Sports Model Search. It could be you!

No comments:

Post a Comment